What is a cookie?
Cookies are files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to this website on each subsequent visit (1st party cookies), or to another website that recognises that cookie (3rd party cookies).
Why cookies are used
Cookies do lots of different and useful jobs, such as remembering your preferences, and generally improving your online experience. Some cookies collect anonymous data about your computer and browsing history for statistical purposes.
Different types of cookie
- Session cookies enhance the experience of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies last after you have closed your browser, and allow the website to remember your actions and preferences.
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features.
- Performance cookies collect information about how you use the website.
- Functionality cookies allow the website to remember choices you make.
Cookies we use (1st party cookies)
On this site we use Session cookies as part of the process of delivering a great website to you, they do not store any personal information, and are deleted when you leave the site or at a set number of weeks.
3rd party cookies
We are serious about the privacy of your data
Cookies are used to enhance your user experience now and in future visits and may collect anonymous data but if we ask for your personal information we explain why it is we require the data and do not share it with any 3rd party. This may be so that we can contact you, a subscription to a newsletter or to keep you updated with new information to match your requirements. You may ask us to remove this data at any time.
What if I don't want to accept cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies you should do this through the settings for each browser you use, on each device you use to access the internet. If you visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies this will give you instruction as to how to block cookies for all the different browsers (this is a 3rd party website and subject to change).
If you do not block cookies to this website we will take this as agreement to their use.
We may make changes to this policy which will be binding under the same agreement.
Thank you for your time.